I am having some difficulties getting the iscsi gateway and api setup. Working
with a 12.2.8 cluster. And the gateways are Centos 7.6.1810 kernel
3.10.0-957.5.1.el7.x86_64

Using a previous version of ceph iscsi packages:
ceph-iscsi-config-2.6-2.6.el7.noarch
ceph-iscsi-tools-2.1-2.1.el7.noarch
ceph-iscsi-cli-2.7-2.7.el7.noarch

I encountered the error when attemping to create my rbd device:

/disks> create rbd image=iscsi_poc_1 size=500g max_data_area_mb=8
Failed : 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

This created the RBD but when attempting to list the iscsi disks in gwcli
nothing is displayed/registered. I consulted the mailing list etc and the first
suggestion was to ensure tcmu runner is running and it is. Also I am running
the latest tcmu-runner and libtcmu as acquired from shaman.

Some further mailing reading suggested I run a more recent version of the ceph
iscsi packages and so I upgraded to the latest bulds from shaman:
ceph-iscsi-config-2.6-80.g24deeb2.el7.noarch
ceph-iscsi-cli-2.7-105.g4802654.el7.noarch

This gives me the following errors from journalctl:

]:  * Running on http://[::]:5000/
]: Traceback (most recent call last):
]: File "/usr/bin/rbd-target-api", line 2053, in <module>
]: main()
]: File "/usr/bin/rbd-target-api", line 2002, in main
]: ssl_context=context)
]: File "/usr/lib/python2.
]: run_simple(host, port, self, **options)
]: File "/usr/lib/python2.
]: inner()
]: File "/usr/lib/python2.
]: passthrough_errors, ssl_context).serve_forever()
]: File "/usr/lib/python2.
]: passthrough_errors, ssl_context)
]: File "/usr/lib/python2.
]: HTTPServer.__init__(self, (host, int(port)), handler)
]: File "/usr/lib64/python2.
]: self.socket_type)
]: File "/usr/lib64/python2.
]: _sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
socket.error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol

my iscsi-gateway.conf is as follows:

[config]
cluster_name = ceph
gateway_keyring = ceph.client.admin.keyring
api_secure = false
trusted_ip_list = <list of both gateway ipv4 in a comma separated list>
prometheus_exporter = false
debug = true

Firewalls are disabled and both nodes can speak to eachother on 5000
the gw service is able to be started independently however the api service is
busted.

I am hoping someone can advise on how to get past my most recent:
"socket.error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol" and
generally recommend the most stable current iteration of rbd iscsi to be used
with a luminous or later cluster.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Wes Dillingham
wdilling...@godaddy.com
Site Reliability Engineer IV - Platform Storage / Ceph