Hello,

I currently have an issue regarding RBD snapshot.

The issue:
I can fill a VM's disk with dd, perform an rbd snapshot, delete the dd file,
and repeat until the pool is full. All while RBD info shows the virtual size of
the disk specified at creation. The commands I am aware of do not accurately
reflect the volume's total storage consumption.

How can I get a better picture of a volume's storage footprint? "#rados df" ,
"#rbd diff pool/image@snap | awk '{ SUM += $2 } END { print SUM/1024/1024 " MB"
}'", "#rbd snap ls", and "rbd export/qemu-img info" aren't functional enough to
show the storage consumed by differentials for an image.

Thanks!

[http://www.enseva.com/images/email/1px.gif]
        Spencer Babcock [http://www.enseva.com/images/email/small-logo.png]

,  -

Phone:  [http://www.enseva.com/images/email/facebook.png] Enseva on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Enseva>
Email: spencer.babc...@enseva.com
[http://www.enseva.com/images/email/twitter.png] Enseva on
Twitter<https://twitter.com/EnsevaNews>
Website: www.enseva.com<http://www.enseva.com>
[http://www.enseva.com/images/email/linkedin.png] Enseva on
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/enseva>

NOTICE: This message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2510-2521. This e-mail and any attached
files are the exclusive property of Enseva LLC, are deemed privileged and
confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or believe that you have received this message in error, please
delete this e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender immediately. Any
other use, re-creation, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.