Den tors 9 maj 2019 kl 11:52 skrev Poncea, Ovidiu <
ovidiu.pon...@windriver.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> What is the commanded size for the ceph-mon data partitions? Is there a
> maximum limit to it? If not is there a way to limit it's growth (or celan
> it up)? To my knowledge ceph-mon doesn't use a lot of data (500MB - 1GB
> should be enough, but I'm not the expert here :)

Our long lived cluster mons have some 1.5G under /var/lib/ceph for
monitors, we have given them 50-ish G on /var.
I think if you have missing/downed OSDs for a long while, they will retain
info for replays which will make it grow a lot if that condition stays so
you want some margin there.

> We are working on the StarlingX project and need want to decide if user
> will ever need to resize this partition. If yes then we have to implement a
> good partition resize mechanism else we can leave it static and be done
> with it.

Just make it on an LVM volume so you can live-expand if needed.