On 5/28/19 7:52 AM, Kevin Olbrich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I determine which client compatibility level (luminous, mimic,
> nautilus, etc.) is supported in Qemu/KVM?
> Does it depend on the version of ceph packages on the system? Or do I
> need a recent version Qemu/KVM?

This is mainly related to librados and librbd on your system. Qemu talks
to librbd which then talks to librados.

Qemu -> librbd -> librados -> Ceph cluster

So make sure you keep the librbd and librados packages updated on your
hypervisor.

When upgrading them make sure you either Stop/Start or Live Migrate the
VMs to a different hypervisor so the VMs are initiated with the new code.

Wido