Thanks for everyone's suggestions which have now helped me to fix the space
free problem.
The newbie mistake was not knowing anything about rebalancing. Turning on the
balancer and using upmap I have gone from 7TB free to 50TB free on my cephfs.
Seeing that the object store is saying 180TB free and I'm using 3 replication
this would give a theoretical 60TB free so I'm close and pretty happy with
upmap.

The links provided were a great help.

I also need to look at the bluestore_min_alloc_size_hdd for a second cluster I
am building which shows
POOLS:
    POOL                ID     STORED     OBJECTS     USED        %USED     MAX
AVAIL
    cephfs_data          1     36 TiB     107.94M     122 TiB     90.94
4.1 TiB
    cephfs_metadata      2     60 GiB       6.29M      61 GiB      0.49
4.1 TiB

The stored TiB vs used TiB would indicate that this has many small files, which
it does, and I presume could be helped with a smaller alloc size. Is that
correct?

Would anyone also have any experiences with running compression on the cephfs
pool?

Regards
Robert Ruge