The cephfs_metadata pool makes sense on ssd, but it won't need a lot of
space.  Chances are that you'll have plenty of ssd storage to spare for
other uses.

Personally, I'm migrating away from a cache tier and rebuilding my OSDs. I
am finding that performance with Bluestore OSDs with the block.db on SSDs
performs better in most cases than a cache tier, and it is a simpler
design.  There's some good notes here on good and bad use cases for cache
tiering:  http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/cache-tiering/

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM Daniele Riccucci <devs...@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> sorry to jump in.
> I'm looking to expand with SSDs on an HDD cluster.
> I'm thinking about moving cephfs_metadata to the SSDs (maybe with device
> class?) or to use them as cache layer in front of the cluster.
> Any tips on how to do it with ceph-ansible?
> I can share the config I currently have if necessary.
> Thank you.
>
> Daniele
>
> On 17/04/19 17:01, Sinan Polat wrote:
> > I have deployed, expanded and upgraded multiple Ceph clusters using
> ceph-ansible. Works great.
> >
> > What information are you looking for?
> >
> > --
> > Sinan
> >
> >> Op 17 apr. 2019 om 16:24 heeft Francois Lafont <
> francois.lafont.1...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> +1 for ceph-ansible too. ;)
> >>
> >> --