De: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> En nombre de
jes...@krogh.cc
Enviado el: viernes, 7 de junio de 2019 19:36
Para: Jorge Garcia <jgar...@soe.ucsc.edu>
CC: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Asunto: Re: [ceph-users] OSD RAM recommendations

> I'm a bit confused by the RAM recommendations for OSD servers. I have
> also seen conflicting information in the lists (1 GB RAM per OSD, 1 GB
> RAM per TB, 3-5 GB RAM per OSD, etc.). I guess I'm a lot better with a
> concrete example:

I think it depends on the usagepattern - the more the better.
When configured the OSD daemon will use the memory as disk-caching for reads
- I have a simiar setup 7 hosts x 10TB x 12 disk - with 512GB each This
serves an "active dataset" to a HPC cluster, where it is hugely beneficial
to be able to cache the "hot data" which is 1.5TB'ish.

If your "hot" dataset is smaller, then less will do as well.

Jesper