All;

I'm testing and evaluating Ceph for the next generation of storage architecture
for our company, and so far I'm fairly impressed, but I've got a couple of
questions around cluster replication and disaster recovery.

First; intended uses.
Ceph Object Gateway will be used to support new software projects presently in
the works.
CephFS behind Samba will be used for Windows file shares both during
transition, and to support long term needs.
The ISCSi gateway and RADOS Block Devices will be used to support
virtualization.

My research suggests that native replication isn't available within the Ceph
Cluster (i.e. have a cluster replicate all objects to a second cluster).
RADOSgw support replicating objects into more than one Ceph cluster, but I
can't find information on multi-site / replication for ISCSigw or CephFS.

So... How do you plan / manage major event disaster recovery with your Ceph
Clusters (i.e. loss of the entire cluster)?
What backup solutions do you use / recommend with your Ceph clusters?  Are you
doing any off-site backup?
Anyone backing up to the cloud?  What kind of bandwidth are you using for this?

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Director - Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.