On 6/20/2019 10:12 PM, Dan van der Ster wrote:
I will try to reproduce with logs and create a tracker once I find the
smoking gun...

It's very strange -- I had the osd mode set to 'passive', and pool
option set to 'force', and the osd was compressing objects for around
15 minutes. Then suddenly it just stopped compressing, until I did
'ceph daemon osd.130 config set bluestore_compression_mode force',
where it restarted immediately.

FTR, it *should* compress with osd bluestore_compression_mode=none and
the pool's compression_mode=force, right?
right but it looks like there is a bug: osd compression algorithm isn't applied when osd compression mode set to none. Hence no compression if pool lacks explicit algorithm specification.

-- dan

-- Dan