HI Nigel,

In Nautilus you can decrease PG , but it take weeks , for example for us to go
from 4096 to 2048 took more than 2 weeks.

First at all pg-autoscaling is activable by pool. And you’re going to get a lot
of warning , but it works.

Normally is recommended upgrade a cluster with HEALTH_OK state.

Also is recommended to use the unmap method the get the perfect distribution at
balancer module, but it don’t work with misplaced/degraded error states.

>From my poin of view I will try go Healthy , them upgrade.

Remember that you MUST repair all your SSD pre-nautilus due statistics scheme
changed.

Regards

Manuel