I have a EC Pool (8+2) which has 30 OSD (3 Nodes), grown from the orginal 10
OSD (1 Node).

I originally set the pool with a PG_NUM of 300, however the AutoScale PG is
showing a warn saying I should set this to 2048, I am not sure if this is a
good suggestion or if the Autoscale currently is not suggested for EC pool's
due to the slightly diff calculations used.

Currently with a PG NUM of 300 each OSD has around 100PG, changing to 2048 is
going to increase this massively.

You should not use 300PG because is not a power of two. You should set pg_num to 256 or 512.