now my understanding is that a NVMe drive is recommended to help speed up
bluestore.  If it were to fail then those OSDs would be lost but assuming
there is 3x replication and enough OSDs I don't see the problem here.
There are other scenarios where a whole server might le lost, it doesn't
mean the total loss of the cluster.