Hello Salsa,

Amazing! Where were you 3 months ago? Only problem is that I think we have
> no moer budget for this so I can't get approval for software license.

We where here and on some Ceph days as well. We do provide a completely
free version but with limited features (no HA, LDAP,...) but with the
benefit of not having to worry about the installation, upgrades and a lot
of day-to-day stuff.
Therefore you don't need to pay us a single cent to benefit from a tested
Ceph software stack (from OS, libs, userspace, ...). You can install and
manage everything needed for Ceph to provide RBD, for example to consume
with proxmox, and every extended feature can still be used using the
command line as you would do without our software.

Please keep in mind that our license always includes support that you would
need to pay otherwise (using your own time, or pay someone else).

The service is critical and we are afraid that the network might be
> congested and QoS for the end user degrades

If the service is critical, a 10G network would be the choice. However, one
of our test clusters with 11 systems do have a dual 1GbE that works
perfectly fine. It just needs to be configured correctly using a good hash
policy (we use layer3+4 in our software)
and of course will never achieve the full performance.

Btw. a brand new single port 10G card only costs ~40€ (used from 6€), dual
port starting from ~80€ (used from 20€). If it is critical storage system,
that little money should always be possible to spend.

Great! Thanks for the help and congratulations on that demo. It is the best
> I've used and the easiest ceph setup I've found. As feedback, the last part
> of the demo tutorial is not 100% compatible with the master branch from
> github.

Thanks for the feedback, we do need to update the videos to the newest
version but our time is unfortunately limited :/

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.ver...@croit.io
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx