How big is the mon's DB?  As in just the total size of the directory you copied

FWIW I recently had to perform mon surgery on a 14.2.4 (or was it
14.2.2?) cluster with 8 GB mon size and I encountered no such problems
while syncing a new mon which took 10 minutes or so.

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io