Hi,

We currently use Openstack with Ceph on an erasure coded pool. As a result, we
store rbd headers in a replicated pool and the data in the erasure coded pool.
Now, because of a specific configuration on the openstack level, we notice that
our configdrives  rbd headers are stored in one replicated pool (the nova pool)
and our block storage rbd headers are stored in a different replicated pool
(the cinder-meta pool). However, the data for all rbds is stored in the same
erasure coded pool (the cinder pool). This currently works, but could it cause
issues in the future as new features are added to Ceph? We’re currently using
Ceph mimic.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator