I should have noted this is with Luminous 12.2.12 and consistent with
swiftclient versions from 3.0.0 to 3.8.1, which may not be relevant.  With a
proper nod I can open a ticket for this – just want to make sure it’s not a
config issue.

[client.rgw.cephrgw-s01]
  host = cephrgw-s01
  keyring = /etc/ceph/ceph.client.rgw.cephrgw-s01
  rgw_zone = <redacted>
  rgw zonegroup = us
  rgw realm = <redacted>
  rgw dns name = rgw-s00.<redacted>
  rgw dynamic resharding = false
  rgw swift account in url = true
  rgw swift url = https://rgw-s00.<redacted>/swift/v1
  rgw keystone make new tenants = true
  rgw keystone implicit tenants = true
  rgw enable usage log = true
  rgw keystone accepted roles = _member_,admin
  rgw keystone admin domain = Default
  rgw keystone admin password = <redacted>
  rgw keystone admin project = admin
  rgw keystone admin user = admin
  rgw keystone api version = 3
  rgw keystone url = https://keystone-s00.<redacted>
  rgw relaxed s3 bucket names = true
  rgw s3 auth use keystone = true
  rgw thread pool size = 4096
  rgw keystone revocation interval = 300
  rgw keystone token cache size = 10000
  rgw swift versioning enabled = true
  rgw log nonexistent bucket = true

All tips accepted…

peter

Peter Eisch
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
T1.612.659.3228
virginpulse.com
|virginpulse.com/global-challenge
Australia | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Brazil | Canada | Singapore | Switzerland
| United Kingdom | USA
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail, including any
attachment(s), is intended solely for use by the designated recipient(s).
Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s), or a person designated as
responsible for delivering such messages to the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. This e-mail may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. Any views or opinions expressed are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Virgin
Pulse, Inc. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
message.
v2.64
From: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> on behalf of Peter Eisch
<peter.ei...@virginpulse.com>
Date: Monday, October 28, 2019 at 9:28 AM
To: "ceph-users@lists.ceph.com" <ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>
Subject: [ceph-users] RGW/swift segments

Hi,

When uploading to RGW via swift I can set an expiration time.  The files being
uploaded are large.  We segment them using the swift upload ‘-S’ arg.  This
results in a 0-byte file in the bucket and all the data frags landing in a
*_segments bucket.

When the expiration passes the 0-byte file is delete but all the segments
remain.  Am I misconfigured or is this a bug where it won’t expire the actual
data?  Shouldn’t RGW set the expiration on the uploaded segments too if they’re
managed separately?

Thanks,

peter