To: d.aber...@profihost.ag, "Janne Johansson" <icepic...@gmail.com>
From: "Wido den Hollander"
Sent by: "ceph-users"
Date: 01/09/2020 08:19AM
Cc: "Ceph Users" <ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>, a.bra...@profihost.ag,
"p.kra...@profihost.ag" <p.kra...@profihost.ag>, j.kr...@profihost.ag
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Looking for experience

"External email. Open with Caution"

On 1/9/20 2:07 PM, Daniel Aberger - Profihost AG wrote:

> Am 09.01.20 um 13:39 schrieb Janne Johansson:
>>
>>     I'm currently trying to workout a concept for a ceph cluster which can
>>     be used as a target for backups which satisfies the following
>>     requirements:
>>
>>     - approx. write speed of 40.000 IOP/s and 2500 Mbyte/s
>>

>> You might need to have a large (at least non-1) number of writers to get
>> to that sum of operations, as opposed to trying to reach it with one
>> single stream written from one single client.
>

> We are aiming for about 100 writers.

So if I read it correctly the writes will be 64k each.

That should be doable, but you probably want something like NVMe for DB+WAL.

You might want to tune that larger writes also go into the WAL to speed
up the ingress writes. But you mainly want more spindles then less.

Wido

> Cheers
and any attachments. Thank you