Hi Lenz,

That PR will need a lot of rebasing, as there's been later changes to the
rbd controller.

Nevertheless, while working on that I found a few quick wins that could be
easily implemented (I'll try to come back at this in the next weeks):

   - Caching object instances and using flyweight objects for ioctx,
   rbd.Images, stat, etc.
   - Removing redundant (heavyweight) call to RBDConfiguration.
   - Moving the actual disk usage calculation out of the 60-second loop.
   IMHO that info should be provided by RBD, perhaps calculated and cached in
   the rbd_support mgr module (@Jason)?

However that endpoint, if used with multiple RBD pools, namespaces, clones
and snapshots, is gonna have a hard time (O(N^4)-like) as it's fully serial.

Any other ideas?

@Matt: just curious, apart from the number of images, what's the amount of
rbd pools/clones/snapshots/... on your deployment?

Kind regards,

Ernesto Puerta

He / Him / His

Senior Software Engineer, Ceph