> So hdparam -W 0 /dev/sdx doesn't work or it makes no difference?

I wrote "We found the raw throughput in fio benchmarks to be very different for
write-cache enabled and disabled, exactly as explained in the performance
article.", so yes, it makes a huge difference.

> Also I am not sure I understand why it should happen before OSD have been
> started.
> At least in my experience hdparam does it to hardware regardless.

I'm not sure I understand this question. Ideally it happens at boot time and if
this doesn't work, at least sometimes before the OSD is started. Why and how
else would one want this to happen?

Best regards,