Hi Dave,

I guess I found the culprit:

once I added $ADSLL to the ingress() in simple.qos:

ingress() {

CEIL=$DOWNLINK
PRIO_RATE=`expr $CEIL / 3` # Ceiling for prioirty
BE_RATE=`expr $CEIL / 6`   # Min for best effort
BK_RATE=`expr $CEIL / 6`   # Min for background
BE_CEIL=`expr $CEIL - 64`  # A little slop at the top

LQ="quantum `get_mtu $IFACE`"

$TC qdisc del dev $IFACE handle ffff: ingress 2> /dev/null
$TC qdisc add dev $IFACE handle ffff: ingress

$TC qdisc del dev $DEV root  2> /dev/null
$TC qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: ${STABSTRING} htb default 12
$TC class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 htb $LQ rate ${CEIL}kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit $ADSLL
$TC class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb $LQ rate ${CEIL}kbit ceil
${CEIL}kbit prio 0 $ADSLL
$TC class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb $LQ rate 32kbit ceil
${PRIO_RATE}kbit prio 1 $ADSLL
$TC class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:12 htb $LQ rate ${BE_RATE}kbit ceil
${BE_CEIL}kbit prio 2 $ADSLL
$TC class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:13 htb $LQ rate ${BK_RATE}kbit ceil
${BE_CEIL}kbit prio 3 $ADSLL

# I'd prefer to use a pre-nat filter but that causes permutation...

$TC qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:11 handle 110: $QDISC limit 1000 $ECN
`get_quantum 500` `get_flows ${PRIO_RATE}`
$TC qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:12 handle 120: $QDISC limit 1000 $ECN
`get_quantum 1500` `get_flows ${BE_RATE}`
$TC qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:13 handle 130: $QDISC limit 1000 $ECN
`get_quantum 1500` `get_flows ${BK_RATE}`

diffserv $DEV

ifconfig $DEV up

# redirect all IP packets arriving in $IFACE to ifb0

$TC filter add dev $IFACE parent ffff: protocol all prio 10 u32 \
  match u32 0 0 flowid 1:1 action mirred egress redirect dev $DEV

}

I get basically the same RRUL ping RTTs for htb_private as for tc_stab. So
Jesper was right the patch seems to fix the issue. I guess I should send out my
current version of yours and Toke's AQM scripts soon.

Best
        Sebastian

P.S.: I am not sure whether I want to tackle the PIE issue today...

On Aug 23, 2013, at 21:47 , Dave Taht <dave.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> quick note: running this script requires that you
>
> ifconfig ifb0 up
>
> at some point.

        In my case on cerowrt you took care of that already...