Dave Taht writes:

> I am curious as to how many here are using the lede/openwrt bcp38 package?

I always install it everywhere since I consider it part of being a good
netizen, even if I think the odds of it getting used are low. So far it's
always just worked, with one exception where I was doing something weird
with rfc1918 ranges, and then I just had to use the luci interface to
adjust.

I've had similar ideas for ways to use openwrt/lede to help protect against
IoT devices participating in botnets. Ideally each time you added an IoT
device to your network, you'd have to go in to luci and approve the device
and what types of things it was allowed to do. Possibly separate ESSIDs for
them? Maybe dedicate one wired port to be sort of an IoT DMZ?

--
Matt Taggart
m...@lackof.org