I believe that cable modems all default to 192.168.100.1, this seems to be
backed by "Cable Modem Operations Support System Interface Specification",
CM-SP-CM-OSSIv3.1-I04-150611:

"       • The CM MUST support 192.168.100.1, as the well-known diagnostic IP
address accessible only from the CMCI interfaces. The CM MUST support the
well-known diagnostic IP address, 192.168.100.1, on all physical interfaces
associated with the CMCI. The CM MUST drop SNMP requests coming from the RF
interface targeting the well-known IP address."

There might be exceptions to this, but I would be amazed if these would be
common...

so:

sudo ping -l 100 -c 5000 -i 0.001 192.168.100.1

should work on all/most docsis setups.