On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, David Lang wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Most host stacks do not handle 240/4 correctly. Getting this working outside of a very closed and controlled network is not feasible.

You would need to validate all devices to support this 240/4 block that most IP stacks today will not use.

I think starting down this road with the idea of making it like the 10/8 block would still be a win. I've seen enough companies running into grief with allocation issues in the 10/8 block that the idea of having an additional /4 block available, even if only Linux and routers supported it would be very useful. (especially with container heavy environments)

As long as you validate everything that is being connected in there and it never leaks outside (remember, that is hard, for example look at MS leaking their internal IPs in email headers), you can do whatever you want.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se