> Problem with the whole states right ideology, is that it forgets > that both the Constitution declares the supremacy of the fed > over states, and the courts have ruled multiple times that the > Fed is supreme over the states. > > End of story.
http://usconstitution.net/xconst_Am10.html 10th Amendment to the Constitution (final article of the Bill of Rights) "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Ratified in 1791. Now I'm no constitutional law professor but I *am* a programmer so I'll put my reading on this in pseudocode: IF NOT FIND(Power in Constitution) AND NOT FIND(Power in Amendments) AND NOT FIND(Power in Prohibitions) THEN Power = States OR People END IF Did I get that right? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to date Get the Free Trial http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:287166 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
