And in NY the only way to get in is to know someone. What a scam.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Scott Stroz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I have family and friends in NJ who are teachers and got laid off, so
> I understand that side of the issue.
>
> For each of these people I know, who got laid off was based on
> seniority. If you were there longer, regardless of how good of a
> teacher you are, you stayed. If you were a newer teacher, you got laid
> off. I am not saying that all the teachers that kept their jobs is a
> bad teacher, but using 'seniority' as a metric for firing someone is
> just plain stupid.
>
> Rather than try to cut wasteful spending like over paid, tenured
> teachers who are piss poor teachers, or try to find more efficient
> ways to spend money, these Boards of education chose the easy way out
> (Not sure if it the same in OR - I am speaking from what I know from
> my peeps in NJ).
>
> Its harder to get rid of a tenured teacher, regardless of how poor
> they perform in their job than it is to get rid of herpes. That is
> ridiculous. And who do I blame? The teacher's unions.
>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:324728
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to