On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Maureen wrote:
>
> Two problems here:
>
> First, not all teachers teach...too many just hand out assignments and
> babysit.
> Second:  While teachers should be picked from the creme of the crop, valued
> and paid accordingly, teaching is too often the default career for those who
> can't cut it in harder disciplines.
>
> When I was at University it was a running joke that the Education majors
> were the ones who couldn't pass basic math.  I know that is a stereotype and
> not true for all, but it is true more often than not.

"those that can't, teach", eh?

Hey, I'm no fan of the education system -- I think it needs mad
reform, and I'm living proof -- but I don't really see labor unions as
the underlying problem.

Education is serious shit.  :)

:Den

-- 
Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.
Galilei, Galil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:324758
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to