Now is not the time to change the tax code, it time to change the policy.

.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Casey Dougall
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM, G Money <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Jerry Milo Johnson <[email protected]
>> >wrote:
>>
>> >
>> > And I don't know that it would provide much disincentive to purchases,
>> > as most purchasing by lower-income groups is NOT discretionary, and
>> > discretionary spending by upper income folks is not going to be
>> > impacted by taxes, as they don't even seem to be impacted by price.
>> >
>>
>> Boy I don't know about that. I mean, we're talking about making up ONE
>> THIRD
>> of federal revenue. That's more than just a few cents extra on every
>> purchase...i think we're talking significant percentage cost increases on
>> all items, not just discretionary spending.
>>
>> We could make the argument that it all evens out. I mean, if I get to keep
>> 15% more of my income, then I should have more money to spend on items
>> which
>> have become more expensive....but I'm not sure if the psychology of
>> consumerism works that way.
>>
>> And I think it's not necessarily true that upper income folks don't care
>> about price. Some of the cheapest people I know are rich :)
>>
>>
>
> Maybe we never do away with it completely but look at where tax brackets
> started previously, w/ inflation, it could be said you get your first
> $100,000 tax free ;-)
>
>
> http://reason.com/archives/1999/01/01/constitutional-challenge
>
> By 1894, a majority in Congress came to support some form of income
> taxation. It passed a law which imposed a 2 percent flat tax on corporate
> net income, and on individual incomes in excess of $4,000 ($76,000 in 1998
> dollars).
>
>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:336860
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to