I think Atheists are persecuted for their lack of belief in the world. And
you end up needing to justify themselves and push back.

They probably also see all the harm that religion has done, and is doing in
the world (along with the good) and therefore feel the need to have their
voice heard and ensure the Secular nature of their state.

This would be especially true in the united states, which while being the
world's only super power, is actually from a societal point of view, the
worst off of the western developed nations.
It is also the most religious.

In the Caribbean, as well, Atheism is persecuted and in many instances
ridiculed, and I find the same thing occurs.


On 12 August 2013 14:30, C. Hatton Humphrey <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> I was going to respond that it appears then that atheists are actively
> working to dumb themselves down...
> http://now.msn.com/jason-heap-atheist-wants-to-become-navy-chaplain



>
> I can posit only a few theories:
> 1. Active recruitment
> 2. Self-justification
> 3. Oppression of opposing beliefs
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:366364
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to