I use a Blu-Ray player I picked up for $40 to do my Netflix in my media
room - it had optical out and my older Roku box only had rca jacks.

I also use the linux boxes on my mythtv system to allow all the other tvs
to get Netflix via Chrome running in Kiosk mode.

I have Amazon prime, but so far the only thing I have that can do that is
the MacBooks since it relies on Silverlight (ugh)