From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Cox, Billy
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 1:17 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] Meeting

Bryan,

I'm a lurker/occasional poster, and except for the Forta visit, I haven't
attended any of the meetings.  There are two recognized values of meeting
with a professional group.  One is for profession-specific enrichment. The
other is for networking.

Could it be that the CF Developers in this area have access to ample
resources already, and so they are not seeking out new resources (such as
attending KCFusion meetings)?  I'm not sure that anyone can ever do 'too
much' networking, but people may not value the networking potential of the
KCFusion meetings enough to take an entire evening out of their schedule.

So that I don't offer critique without some constructive suggestion, here's
my thought. I would be more inclined to attend an afternoon meeting. I would
receive the double-benefit of being on 'company-time' and also be developing
my skills and networking with other professionals.

Generally speaking, organizations increase participation by lowering costs
and/or increasing benefits.  I propose that KCFusion reduce what it would
'cost' me to attend by moving the meeting to an afternoon time slot.

Billy Cox
Sprint PCS