Try doing a select on the column you need and using the result when you
insert into the 2nd table.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Adaryl Wakefield
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 4:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [KCFusion] debugging

No good. I should have explained better. I need to throw information
collected from a form into four related tables. I cannot find any kind of
example to do this. The problem I am running into is I have four statements
wrapped in cftransaction tags but each insert statement is creating its own
row instead of one cell of exported data and one cell of collected form data
all in one row.
In pseudo code
Insert into table A two columns
    one column is form data
    the second column is collected from a previous table (the foreign key
for table     A)