From: Ron Hornbaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 6:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] off topic - IMail javascript box

> I just looked at the viewers you're talking about, set them to
> my favorites,
> jumped out to one of the sites where we're using a line just like you're
> talking about with document.write() in the middle of the page,
> and all it
> showed me in the source generated from your viewer was exactly
> what I would
> get if I viewed the source otherwise.

What browser are you using? I'm using IE5.5 here, and when I go to a pure
document.write() page like:

  http://fuselets.com/cftips/

and do a regular view source, all I see is the one-line JS reference.
Using the SourceViewer bookmark while there, I see the complete HTML
output of the page, the results of the document.write.

> also, I just tried the
> cookie viewer,
> and although somewhat interesting at first, I quickly found
> that most sites
> have permissions set on the reading of the cookies,

I've never heard of "permissions" settings on cookies. It's just a simple
JS call to read the cookies on the current domain, I've never seen it
fail. What's a URL where it's failing? Here's a couple of my results:

My Cookies at: www.fbi.gov
ASPSESSIONIDQQGQGXSY=MLBLINIDEMALBOEKMGPDGODC

My Cookies at: www.microsoft.com
MC1=V=3&LV=200012&HASH=7CD1&GUID=3126D17C3A1240D0A38F22EE0A256B57

My Cookies at: www.x10.com
vr=VR000; Deal=14379904,TT14,0,0,0,979755380;
info=3,13455522,../x10voucher.htm,bk_mk,216.63.20.97;
GiftID=445857-979098591-31834; x10hotbody.dat=2634;
x10welcomeab2.dat=2811; x10getitbtn.dat=3002; x103cambtn.dat=2864;
x10hotdealbtn.dat=3004; x10prodbtn.dat=3005; x10xcambtn.dat=2809

[WHEW! And what's "hotbody" for?]

-Ron