Since we run CF5, I occasionally use the query-a-query feature. However the
following code is not working. The first query runs just fine, but the query
that follows either never runs or generates an error message "Insert not
supported". As long as valid data is in the structure (query object)
returned by the first query, shouldn't I be able to loop through that and
insert the data into another table?

<CFQUERY NAME="GetRecs" DATASOURCE="Database1">
SELECT Id, SeqId, Qty, InvId
FROM WorkingTable
WHERE Id = '#form.Id#'
</CFQUERY>

<CFLOOP FROM="1" TO="#GetRecs.RecordCount#" INDEX="i">
        <CFQUERY DBTYPE="query" NAME="AddRecords">
        INSERT INTO DetailTable
        (Id, SeqId, Qty, InvId)
        VALUES
('#GetRecs.Id[i]#','#GetRecs.SeqId[i]#','#GetRecs.Qty[i]#','#GetRecs.InvId[i
]#')
        </CFQUERY>
</CFLOOP>

Keith Purtell, Web/Network Administrator
VantageMed Operations (Kansas City)
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is
message.