Thanks Daryl. I usually submit the form in the function with the js submit() method. If having it return true/false is better I will go that route in the future.
A.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [KCFusion] a design question (off topic)

Adaryl,

The onClick handler for submit buttons requires that you return a "true" or "false" value from the handler, which determines whether or not the form submission actually happens.  If you wanted the form to actually submit after the "goEmail()" function completes, you'd do this:

Conversely, if you did not want the form to submit, you'd return false.  If you want goEmail() to decide whether the form submits, have the function return a true or false value, and code the submit button's onClick handler this way:

n.b. The use of "javascript:" is only requred in HREF attributes of links; and onClick handlers work similarly for links (they should also return "true" or "false" to indicate whether the link should actually followed.)

If you don't return a true/false for an onClick handler in these cases, the behavior is undefined/unpredictable.

HTH

--Daryl