not setup exactly like you have it but you can use the IN sql statment with
your list of variables

it does not require you to split it up

<cfset hlist =  replace(form.value2,  "," ,  "','" , "all")>

<cfquery name="query" datasource="data">
    select * from table
    where field1='value1' AND field2 IN ( ' #hlist# ' )
</cfquery>

                    Chris Holdman

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                    KS.ORG>                cc:

                    Sent by:               Subject:     [KCFusion] Simple Query
Question
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    fusion.org

                    03/13/03 03:58

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to CF-List

I have a form with a multiple select box that I am want to build a query
from, but am having problems.  I set up an index loop with an OR statement,
but I have obviously set it up wrong beacuase it is adding an OR to the end
of the query.  How do I set it up to not put an OR after the last index?

<cfquery name="query" datasource="data">
    select * from table
    where field1='value1' AND (
        <cfloop index="index" list="#form.value2#" delimiters=",">
            field2='#index#' OR
        </cfloop>
        )
</cfquery>