Title: RE: [KCFusion] CF on Netscape and IE

blood, sweat, and tears. there's no easy way to go about it. if they, your bosses or whoever, for whatever reason, can't spend the time to go back and forth, back and forth, testing for both, then they won't be able to get them to work on both. sometimes, even things that have worked in the past for you, won't work when you try it again. the browsers are a whole different world when it comes to standards and how things work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Minor, Beth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [KCFusion] CF on Netscape and IE

The CF apps I currently work on are written to work with Internet Explorer only.  When the apps were written a few years ago and used with Netscape there were a few problems (mostly _javascript_ and cosmetic), so we decided to kick the users out of our apps if they try to access them using Netscape.  We didn't have time to get them working on both browsers at the time.  Now I'm looking into getting them working on Netscape.  The group that maintains our CF server now, has indicated that CF can be used with Netscape or IE, but trying to apply patches for both browsers and getting the apps to work on both will not be possible.  I'm just wanting to get some feedback about how others handle maintaining apps for Netscape and IE.

Thanks,
Beth

Beth Minor
Database Programmer Analyst-Principal