Did you try LSIsNumeric?  I don't know if this would filter out HEX, but its worth a
try...

Kory Bakken

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Stallo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 9:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [KCFusion] IsNumeric function and hex values?

I've got problem with the IsNumeric function in
ColdFusion.

I've got a page set up with a form on it.  On the page
this form calls I am doing validation to make sure the
entered value is numeric by using the IsNumeric
function - IsNumeric(form.variable)

If I pass in a value like 74d6, it passes this
validation and when I do an output on the variable
it's coming out as 74,000,000.

Anyone have an idea of why?  Does it have something to
do with the hex value?  If I pass in the value 74a6 it
works fine and the validation fails.

I'm wanting to make sure the form field is a number
and there is no character data in it.  For this
situation I can't use the input to do the validations.

Thanks in advance,

Chris