From: CF-metadata [mailto:cf-metadata-boun...@cgd.ucar.edu] On Behalf Of
Hattersley, Richard
Sent: 29 January 2015 10:21
To: Signell, Richard
Cc: CF Metadata List
Subject: Re: [CF-metadata] Editing/publishing workflow update

> there is still a fair amount of work left to be done converting the document.
> Is that something that will improve with your improvements to the
> conversion tool, or will some community manual editing help be required?

My current plan is to improve the conversion rather than use manual editing.
That way the AsciiDoc version can be regarded as just another "rendered"
version of the DocBook sources. I'd like to avoid having two "definitive"
versions of the conventions at the same time.

If all goes well (e.g. no technical hurdles) and a consensus for change can be
reached then the final switch from DocBook to AsciiDoc should be relatively
quick.

> Also, will there be a way to get nice syntax highlighting in blocks of
> code like example 21?

Yes, but ... I don't think any of the normal syntax highlighting packages (e.g.
pygments) have a specific mode for CDL. So either we pretend the example is in
another language (which might well give excellent results) or we knock up an
extension for CDL.

Regards,
Richard