Dear Jim

In Appendix A it does not say that the flag attributes are allowed for
coordinate variables - it has just "D" in the "Use" column. This is not an
argument why they shouldn't be if there is a need, but they weren't introduced
with that in mind. The use which you suggested for Martin's case is a good
idea, but I think it would need a change to the convention.

Best wishes

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from Jim Biard <jbi...@cicsnc.org> -----