Dear Roy

Thanks for this. It looks sensible and well-constructed to me. I have two
comments.

you propose that's what we use. The more generic version would be suitable if
we offered a choice about which sort of ID to use, but it would present a
difficulty if you wanted to provide more than one kind of ID; this would need
more than one coord var, and it would be helpful to give them different
standard names.

* In the concentration names, I think "biological taxon" means "organisms
of biological taxon", doesn't it? I suggest it would be better to spell this
out in some way in the standard name. For example,
  number_concentration_of_biological_taxon_in_sea_water
might (surprisingly) be interpreted as meaning how many species there are
per unit volume.

Best wishes

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from "Lowry, Roy K." <r...@bodc.ac.uk> -----