Hi Ben, thanks for the response. The link you posted as a reference was 
actually an answer to an earlier question you answered for me. I have been able 
to pull out matching file names however comparing them is the main stickler. So 
far I've unsuccessfully tried to pull the contents of a file into a variable 
like this:

<cffile Action="Read" File="#MyFilePath#Folder1\" Variable="fileone">
<cfset File1 = HASH(#fileone#)>

I do this for both matching files. My plan is/was to use GetToken() and loop 
through both files and compare each line:


<cfloop list="#File1#" index="i" delimiters="#char(10)>
 <cfif #GetToken(File1, char(10))# NEQ #GetToken(File2, char(10))#
    <cfoutput>Line #i# is the first modified line of code</cfoutput>
 </cfif>
</cfloop>

This gives me plenty of errors and it's always back to the drawing board. Any 
thoughts? 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create robust enterprise, web RIAs.
Upgrade & integrate Adobe Coldfusion MX7 with Flex 2
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Newbie/message.cfm/messageid:2761
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Newbie/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.15

Reply via email to