> Here is what I've done so far:
> I replaced smtp.dll as per the allaire hot fixes page.
> I have verified and reverified the server settings.
> I have doubled the time out in cfadmin.
> I have started and restarted the services and cleared the spool adnauseum.
> I am still able to use the tag about 5 times, no mail is ever sent and I
> still get the same error, nothing's changed.
> Anyone have any more ideas?

Are you running 4.5? If so, perhaps 4.5.1 RC1 would help. It supposedly
fixes all the cfmail bugs in 4.5 (including some not fixed by the smtp.dll
hotfix). However, Allaire recommends not installing the RC1 upgrade on a
production server since it is still officially beta.

Kind of a sucky situation though, since upgrading a production server to the
4.5 release is what may be causing your problems to begin with.

I had a similar situation, I feel your pain.

- Sean

Sean Daniels
Manager of Engineering
DealStream, Inc.