Mike -

Just a guess here as I haven't tried EFS on a server yet, but I would think
that since files are encrypted by and can only be read by the file owner
(as I understand it) that the CF Server service would need to run under the
context of the file owner - ie have the CF service login as that user.

Jay

At 04:27 PM 3/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike,
>
>I wouldn't expect it to be dealt with. That's a feature of Win2K to help
>protect your files in an internal, corporate environment. MS would have to
>allow 3rd party vendors access to their unecryption algorithms in order to
>do this. This would essentially negate any security that encryption might
>offer you.
>
>As a side note, the admins of CF-Talk list have disabled file attachment
>capabilities because of a virus scare so any messages w/ attached files are
>coming out screwy. Would you mind removing your atworklogo_very_small.gif &
>Glacier Bkgrd.jpg files from your messages.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rey...
>Certified Allaire Instructor
>Member of Team Allaire
>
>"A browser's beauty, at its heart, is its usefulness as a *TOOL*."

[Ugly GIF garbage removed...]