From: Brook Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 2:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NT to Linux Conversion process

I just finished porting a cf site from NT to Linux using CF 4.5. The DB was
Access and now it's MySql. I will post a note about the issues I
encountered during this process as soon as I have a minute. Right now I'm
stuck on a small bug in CF for Linux:

Cfmail is generating line feeds and no carriage returns. This does not
conform to smtp standards and as such my mail server, QUEMAIL is not happy
with me. This is a Cold Fusion problem, when they ported to unix, unix
generally uses just the LF, as opposed to win/dos which uses CRLF.

Too make matters worse, it appears that once a bad mail has been sent and
then rejected by the server, Cold Fusion will then not be able to connect
to the mail server until it is restarted!

Has any one encountered this? I'm gonna try a replace() on the LF
character, whatever the heck that is....

brook   <--- all lowercase!

the body.