From: Len Conrad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Speed of CFMAIL

>Has anybody done any speed tests to determine how many emails CFMAIL can
>send in an hour?

If CFMAIL's outgoing volume is insufficient, I would recommend having
CFMail's SMTP client dump all outgoing mail on a local ip (no DNS lookups
by CFMAIL) where a mail gateway running an efficient and reliable MTA like
postfix would do the dirty work of actually delivering the mail.

Asking a production CF server, I assume it's doing lots of other CF
applications, to do volume mail delivery seems to be counterproductive and
is certainly unnecessary.

Len

the body.