>Is there a way to detect (on the server side) if a client browser has =
>JavaScript enabled?

I don't think you can test this from the server.  Your best bet is to do
some sort of client side checking, and then use a combination of script and
NOSCRIPT tags to deliver the appropriate content to the user.

> I'm most concerned about Netscape 4.x. When =
>JavaScript is disabled in Netscape, it does more than disable =
>JavaScript. It also ignores the positioning of layers and the formating =
>of cascading style sheets (I do have cascascading style sheets enable in =
>my preferences).

That little bug is a REAL pain.  Does it still exist in the newer (~4.8)
versions of Navigator?

Regards,
Seth Petry-Johnson
Argo Enterprise and Associates