>Let's say I have a date/Time field in the database I could automatically
>use a function that uses the appropriate Formatting in CF. Or I have a
>Memofield wich should create an textarea in a form?

I don't know if you can get the info from SQL or not, but I have done
something like this with great success.

I created a table with the following fields (well, almost... I've left most
of the advanced things out... trade secrets and all <g>)

.FieldName
.DataType
.InputType

This table has a record for each field in a products table.  Using the
DataType (text, integer, real, etc) and InputType (text box, text area, etc)
I wrote some very generic code that dynamically displays a form and handles
the insert, delete, and update requests from that form.

This works great in that by simply changing the data in the "config" table I
can use this same form and insert/update code on just about any site.

Regards,
Seth Petry-Johnson
Argo Enterprise and Associates