From: Bill Plummer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 9:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Help with grabbing data

I think this if very doable in CF, but my mind goes to VB for stuff like
this.

I would write an NT Service that would watch this directory, load all new
files one at a time, parse the data as required, and insert into you SQL
database.  The Service would be installed on the server that has the
directory in question and run based on the timing interval you think
appropriate.

Not a trivial task, but doable...

For those who feel I'm a trader to CF, I like to reserve CF Server and it's
scheduled tasks for the critical web apps, not for what I consider to be
internal housekeeping.