the "text" is a keyword in access. so the error

-----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Earl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 2:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CFQUERY problem

Hi,

I'm trying to build a dynamically filled drop down select box.  However, I
keep getting an error message which I cannot resolve, and I'd appreciate
some advice.  The error message is:

"ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.

SQL = "SELECT JokeTitle FROM Text"
Data Source = "Jokes"

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (1:1) to (3:14). "

The code for the form is below.  Please note that the name of the table is
'text'.

<CFQUERY
DATASOURCE="Jokes"
NAME="Titles">

SELECT JokeTitle
FROM Text
</CFQUERY>

<head>
 <title>Jokes</title>
</head>

<h1>JOKES</h1>

<FORM ACTION="jokesaction.cfm" METHOD="POST">

Please select the joke titles from the contents of the select boxes below.
You may select up to five titles at a time.

Joke title #1:
<SELECT NAME="JokeTitle">
<OPTION>

<CFOUTPUT QUERY="Titles">
<OPTION VALUE="#JokeTitle#">#Titles#
</cfoutput>
</select>
</FORM>

Thanks.

Sincerely,

---
Hubert Earl
ICQ#:  16199853

I develop & maintain web sites internationally.  I also build web
applications using CGI scripts written in Perl.  I accept subcontracting
work.

**Personal web site:  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8702/
(please remember to view this with a sense of humour!)

**Business web page:  http://home.talkcity.com/MigrationPath/hearl/