My apologies if this question has been asked before. I've searched the
archive with no success, so my thanks for your tolerance if I've just
not found the answer...

In essence I have a page with a number of frames. On one frame I enter a
search value and click a 'submit' button. The button links to an
'action'.cfm file. What I want to happen is that the 'action' file
forces a refresh of another frame without any further input from the
user, ie there is no change to the frame that called the action.cfm
file. I've used action.cfm files before but I have usually put up a
message in the first frame saying something like 'Done That' with
another submit button which then refreshes the entire frameset, but I
would like to avoid that scenario in this case if I can.

I'm guessing that I will need a javascript function to do this and I'm
looking at that too but I just seem to be going in circles...

Many Thanks,

Brett Payne-Rhodes
B)
Eaglehawk Computing